Beyond Compliance – a place of learning for Boards
Strathclyde Business School has a new Centre for Board & Director Development. The Centre sits within our successful Strathclyde Executive Education & Development division, which has significant expertise in working with senior leaders, directors and managers in the private, public and third sectors – designing and delivering applied, experiential, tailored programmes for an extensive client base.
Leveraging the knowledge & research from our internationally recognised departments, specialist units and partner organisations (ranging from Global Multinationals, high growth SMEs to the third & public sector and NGOs), we deliver a varied programme of cross-disciplinary courses.
We have established international centres in Greece, Switzerland, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Singapore and Malaysia, which offer us an unrivalled international footprint.
The new Centre for Board & Director Development provides a natural home for our existing activities for senior leaders and applied research including but not limited to:
- open board and director development programmes along with bespoke corporate programmes
- knowledge exchange, thought leadership events and publications
- a specialist family business track
- a series of short courses that will allow participants to flexibly undertake a development programme leading to a recognised qualification.
- development programmes for non-executive directors (NXDs), aspiring directors, trustees and boards
Our first event was on Monday 17 May 2021 aligned with Strathclyde Engage Week. The video recording of our webinar entitled Are Boards Falling Short? is now available to view. Experienced FTSE Chair and former UK IoD Chair, Charlotte Valeur provides us with a global perspective on How Boards are Falling Short and The Questions all Directors Should Ask.
A series of online and face-to-face activities will be announced (government advice permitting).