Work with us Centre for Board & Director Development
Beyond Compliance – a place of learning for Boards
Strathclyde Business School has a new Centre for Board & Director Development (CBDD).
The Centre sits within our successful Strathclyde Executive Education & Development division, which has significant expertise in working with Directors and Non-Executive Directors from all disciplines in the private, public and third sectors. We are market leaders in designing and delivering applied, experiential, tailored programmes for an extensive client base.
Leveraging the knowledge & research from our internationally recognised departments, specialist units and partner organisations (ranging from Global Multinationals, high growth SMEs to the third & public sector along with NGOs), we deliver a vast array of cross-disciplinary executive education programmes.
We have established international centres in Greece, Switzerland, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Singapore and Malaysia, which offer us an unrivalled global footprint.
The Centre for Board & Director Development provides a natural home for our activities for senior leaders and applied research:
- open board and director development programmes along with bespoke corporate programmes
- knowledge exchange, thought leadership events and publications with experienced Boardroom practitioner contributions
- a series of short courses that will allow participants to flexibly undertake a development programme leading to a recognised qualification with current Boardroom practitioners and interactive content
- Board Fundamentals Series
- Role of the Trustee
- Role of the Non-Executive Director
- Digital Transformation
- Sales & Marketing Strategy
- MSc Organisational Governance, Values & Purpose – 2022 – PDF coming soon
- PG Certificate
- Role of the Board, Purpose & Values
- Fundamentals of Finance, Risk and Board Obligations
- Board Fundamentals of Digital Transformation
- Reflective Leader
- PG Diploma
- Finance, Risk, incorporating investor relations for Boards
- Stewardship and Sustainability
- Strategic Management & Innovation for Boards
- Leadership, Culture & People incorporating Diversity & Inclusion
- International Comparative Governance
- Governance Project
Activities & resources
Please email email@example.com to receive articles papers and updates on all our activities.
Boardroom Talking Digital with Medallia CEO Leslie StretchA truly candid conversation. Medallia was recently taken back into private ownership for $6.4 billion. Supported by a panel of experiential and academic experts including Les Bayne (Chair of Data Lab) Vivienne MacLaren (Chair of Scottish Women’s Football and Executive at Ideagen plc) and Viktor Dorfler (AI Academic), watch again here.
The Times Scotland Business & Economy ReviewDr Phil Considine report for The Times Business & Economy Review.
IoD Global Conference 2021: Good GovernanceWe partnered with the Institute of Directors (IoD) Global Conference with the theme Connecting the World and Tackling our Global Challenges Together. Our Associate Principal & Executive Dean Professor David Hillier participated in the Good Governance Session which you can view here.
Are Boards Falling Short? The Right Questions to Ask with Charlotte ValeurExperienced FTSE Chair, Charlotte Valeur provided us with a global perspective and The Questions all Directors Should Ask.
Wicked Problems for Boards Post CovidAuthor: Dr Phil Considine; Director of Executive Education and the Centre for Board & Director Development, Strathclyde Business School.
Bookmark this page to hear more about our series of online and face-to-face activities which will be announced shortly (government advice permitting).