Continuous Improvement - Case StudyUniversity of Strathclyde Library
Several processes were identified by the Library Management team to be reviewed: Graduations, Reading Lists, and Inter-Library Loans. The objective of these reviews was to improve each of these business processes to create a new way of working that enhanced both the student and staff experience. A project team was created to ensure that a cross selection of Library staff was represented in each of the workshops. Three Daily Stand Up meetings were also introduced to enhance communication across the Library.
What changes were implemented?
- Removal of unnecessary authorisation and process steps
- Creation of Standard Operating Procedures and improvements to templates
- Focus on driving enhanced performance, collaboration, and communication across teams
- Automation of manual processes
- Increased focus on meeting customer needs