Continuous Improvement - Case StudiesPostgraduate Taught Admissions
The Business Improvement Team led a University-wide process redesign of PGT admissions to improve attainment of both the home and international admissions targets. The PGT admissions process encapsulates the first phase of the student journey, from pre-application to student registration, and is essential in providing potential students with an excellent first impression of the University. Over 200 University staff at all levels were engaged in participative feedback sessions.
What changes were implemented?
- Intensive training programme to over 150 staff
- Online guide for applicants to improve the information provided up front
- Standard Operating Procedures for staff
- Established timescales for releasing offers of a place
- Visual management boards to communicate operational performance and drive consistency