The Alumni Fund is supported by gifts from the Strathclyde alumni community. Your donations fund scholarships, the library, international study and development, sports clubs and student-led projects. You enable Strathclyde students to realise their potential and have an outstanding university experience.
The impact of your giving over the last year
- over 70 projects, clubs and societies received funding
- more than 100 new undergraduate scholarships awarded in 2019/20 to students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- international development projects used funding to bring solar energy to remote communities in India and Africa
- mentoring project supported students from a care background
Over 13,000 students benefited directly from Alumni Fund support over the last year
- Strathclyde Law Clinic funded volunteer students to provide legal support to the local community
- library project funded digital books making it easier for students to access learning materials
- enterprising student projects gained funding to help develop their ideas
- over 70 students were awarded International Study bursaries
- make a gift to the Alumni Fund
What your giving could achieve
- £10 monthly gift from 10 alumni could help to fund a scholarship for a student from a low income background
- £25 monthly gift could fund solar power equipment for students to install in impoverished international communities
- £500 gift would fund an International Study bursary allowing students to gain a life-changing experience
Your donations in action
Students have been travelling to Chennai in India to provide prosthetic and orthotic support in a country with a desperate lack of provision.
Zoe Ralston, a fifth year Prosthetics & Orthotics student, spoke about the experience and the help of the alumni fund:
The project makes a real difference to people’s lives and gives them back their independence and the ability to work. None of this could have happened without the support of the Alumni Fund."