Alumni Alumni Fund
The Alumni Fund is supported by gifts from the Strathclyde alumni community. Your donations fund scholarships, the library, international study and development, sports clubs and student-led projects. You enable Strathclyde students to realise their potential and have an outstanding university experience.
The impact of your giving over the last year
- over 60 projects, clubs and societies received funding
- undergraduate scholarships were awarded to students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- new uniforms and equipment were purchased for sports teams so they can engage more members as some students return to campus in the Autumn
- the Library received funding to diversify the collection to include more publications from under-represented voices
- a Climate Education workshop for students was funded and took place during COP26
- Strathclyde Law Clinic received funding for new computers so volunteer students can continue to provide legal support to the local community
- over 45 Performance Sport Scholarships were supported, with several elite student athletes representing Scotland at the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
What your giving could achieve
- £10 monthly gift from 10 alumni could help to fund a scholarship for a student from a low income background
- £25 monthly gift could fund specialist coaching sessions for a sports team
- £500 gift could fund an International Study bursary allowing students to gain a life-changing experience
Your donations in action
The Alumni Fund supports the University of Strathclyde Motorsport team which gives Strathclyde students first-hand experience of designing, building and operating an electric race car.
The thirty-strong team recently took their car to Silverstone to take part in Formula Student UK, Europe's most established educational engineering competition. They competed alongside over 50 university teams from around the world and were delighted to take first place in the Cost and Manufacturing event!
Thank you to Strathclyde alumni for making our project possible every year and especially for your support throughout our transition to our first electric vehicle!
100% of your donations will go to help students.
Strathclyde students Apply to the Alumni Fund