The Alumni Fund supports current Strathclyde students by funding student-led projects, clubs, societies and learning opportunities. By supporting vital resources - like the library - the Alumni Fund benefits every student.
The Alumni Fund awarded almost £300,000 last year & supported 57 projects, clubs & societies.
Strathclyde alumni support the Alumni Fund which is entirely donor funded. Fundraising campaigns include a bi-annual student telethon and various appeals.
Applying to the Alumni Fund
- there are two opportunities to apply for funding each year in the spring and autumn
- the next funding window will open in February 2019
- you need to read the guidelines and complete an application form to apply for funding and these will be available on this webpage
- student-led groups and projects can apply for funding and if successful funds will be awarded in May
- students who are part of projects or groups who are not part of Strath Union should apply with the endorsement of their academic department
Enhancing your Strathclyde experience
The Alumni Fund support has helped the Concert Jazz Orchestra to buy vital new instruments and equipment which will help us to grow and develop. The equipment will also be shared with other bands and orchestras and benefit a lot of students."
Strathclyde Concert Jazz Orchestra
I had the most incredible experience on exchange, met people from all around the world and the experience allowed me to develop as a person and gave me the confidence to strive for new challenges and ambitions. I am now more passionate about my degree and I am excited about the potential of my future career. I am so grateful for my exchange; it truly did change my life."
Sophie Harpur, International Business and Nagoya University Japan international study student
I would like to say thank you to the alumni community. The funding from the Elite Athletes Programme alone has been a massive help and made my training possible."
Jess Liddon, Elite Student Athlete