Career and Professional Development Support
At Strathclyde we understand that career enhancement is one of the top reasons anyone chooses to study for an MBA.
Free and for Life
We draw on our many years of experience and industry knowledge from the in-house team, supplemented by top consultants who are experts in their field, to offer dedicated careers planning and development for all our MBA cohorts and unlimited access once you join our alumni.
Complementary to your MBA learning experience, you can access a range of talks, conferences and networking events which will add further value to your Strathclyde MBA experience. Integrated and stand-alone seminars and workshops are delivered throughout the year, online and on-campus.
The Career Management Journey
Our focus is on developing long-term career management skills. As part of our Career Development Programme we offer:
- strategies to support self-awareness, personal skills development, competency audits, and professional development needs
- workshops on core career skills such as CV building, interviews, assessment centres, social media and online branding
- seminars on key skills such as presentation, pitching, networking, culture management and personal impact
- exclusive insights from successful alumni and company leaders through our Lunch and Learn programme and guest speakers
- unlimited one-to-one access to an accredited careers and leadership coach
- and finally, the chance to feature on our profile wall, which we promote to our alumni and corporate contacts
Our Virtual Careers Community
All students and alumni have access to our Career Management Site, where you will find a wealth of information and resources and also become a part of our global careers community, receiving alerts and information on jobs and events.
Each year we are able to offer a number of strategic consultancy opportunities for students to complete as part of their MBA final project. Sourced from alumni and our corporate network, these assignments allow students to leave the MBA with a client-facing piece of consultancy on their CV.