Choosing Your Career
At some stage we all make choices about the career path we will follow. We can help you with this process if:
- You are unsure where to start,
- You have no idea of the career that would suit you,
- You have some vague ideas but need support to think them through,
- You need help finding more information
It is never too early to start thinking about your future career. We're happy to work with you from first year, throughout your degree and beyond graduation - at whatever stage you’ve reached in your thinking.
Choosing My Career
A great place to start is with our interactive online course Choosing My Career. It will help you make it a conscious and thoughtful decision, giving you the best chance of choosing a career path that suits your personality, skills and strengths.
This course helps you to:
- Understand the process of making a career decision
- Think about what you want from a career
- Explore the options available to you
- Plan your next steps to make it happen
Prepare 2 Get Ahead
Prepare2GetAhead is a career planning tool created specifically for Chinese students. Available in English and Chinese this e-learning resource gives an introduction to career planning for students and provides a step-by-step approach to enable students to develop and create their own career plan. The resource aims to help students to make the most of their time at university and to explore options that interest them, as well as gain relevant skills and experiences.
Relevant Quick Links
If you have used our online resources and you are still unsure or need more support with your career decision then you can book a guidance appointment with one of our professionally qualified Careers Consultants.
Find out more about the labour market for graduates.
Find out about the career options directly related to your degree.
Our directory of industry specific career and labour market resources.
However, your career plans may include working for yourself.
- Student Experience & Enhancement Services
- Print Services
- Estates Services
- Finance Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate