Students & Graduates
Welcome to this years AGCAS Scottish Graduate Fair 2022, now firmly established as the biggest graduate, postgraduate and internship recruitment event in Scotland
Do you want the opportunity to speak to employers, establish professional relationships and discuss potential job or internship opportunities?
This fair is FREE to attend and is open to ALL university students and graduates from across Scotland!
Celebrating the 33rd Anniversary of the fair, this year we will be hosting BOTH an In-person fair and virtual fair.
Date: 5th October 2022
Time: 10am - 4pm
Location – Online: Career Fair Plus
Date: 12th October 2022
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Location: Technology & Innovation Centre (TIC), 99 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RD
You are more than welcome to attend both fairs. Please see below more information on how to attend these fairs.
Please note, some exhibitors may only attend one fair so please ensure you review the exhibitor list for each fair to ensure you know who will be attending what day!
You must register for each fair separately if you wish to attend.
Tweet us at @ScotGradFair
- It's the biggest recruitment event in Scotland with a varitey of exhibitors with job, internship and postgraduate study opportunities.
- Free to attend - it's open to students and graduates from all universities.
- Some employers will have immediate vacancies and most are recruiting for next year, making a total of hundreds of vacancies.
- Most employers offer internships/placements.
- This is a unique opportunity to have your questions answered by people on the inside, so go prepared to make the most of it.
- Careers Advisers are available for short consultations.
- CV Group Checks - learn quick tips on improving your CV.
Before the fair:
- View Exhibitors: Check the exhibitor list and Guide and make note of the exhibitors whom you wish to visit.
- Research exhibitors: Find out what this employer does, their products, their graduate opportunities any recent announcements. Use websites to check the nature of their vacancies and their entry requirements. Think of sensible questions to ask.
- Be Mindful: Think about what you are going to wear. Formal/ smart causal is recommended
- Starting Conversations: Think about how you will introduce yourself confidently to exhibitors. Avoid generic questions like “what do you do?”
- Practice "Promoting yourself": Think about what sets you apart from the competition. What are your key strengths and skills? What are the key things you would like others to know about you? Provide examples.
- CV’s: Take CVs if you wish, but it is not vital. Some recruiters may not take them as they require on-line applications.
On the Day:
- Arrive on time:
- If the event has specific session times, ensure you are on time as this shows the recruiter or employee ambassador that you’re dependable and respectful of their time as well.
- Ask Questions:
- Bring a list of prepared questions.
- Be Enthusiastic
- Have a pen and paper so you can take notes, so you don't forget what the exhibitors are telling you.
- Talk about yourself:
- Be positive!
- Talk about why you are interested in the company and what you can bring to it.
- Be Mindful:
- Think about what you are going to wear. Formal/ smart causal is recommended.
- Maintain eye contact and practice active listening when speaking with employers.
- Consider smiling and nodding occasionally as you would during an in-person conversation.
- Interested in a role: If you are serious about applying to the employer, make sure you know the application process. It will vary from employer to employer, eg, some may want you to follow up by writing an email, connecting with them on LinkedIn, or applying for a job opening directly through their system.
After the Fair:
- Review your notes
- Follow up on any contacts you've made
- Confirm any dates discussed (e.g. closing dates, company events)
- Connect with any contacts you made on LinkedIn
- Visit the Careers Service at your University for further help
- Student Experience & Enhancement Services
- Print Services
- Estates Services
- Finance Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate