Careers Service Employer & Business Information
Employer information can be very useful when researching the labour market and identifying which companies and organisations you may wish to apply to for employment.
This is especially true when making Speculative Applications. Make sure you have a look at our advice on CV writing before doing this, to enhance your chances of a successful application.
- Graduate employer directories - many of these are now available online
- List of online UK and international directories and business intelligence services
- MyCareerHub Strathclyde Organisation Directory of employers who have signed up to advertise opportunities to Strathclyde students
- TARGETjobs employer hub
- Look at websites of professional bodies. These often include lists of member companies. Find relevant professional bodies via our I want to work in ... section or the Directory of the Professions
- The University library subscribe to a range of company information database both national and international. The Libguide on company information is a good place to start.
Doing your research
Employer directories are only a starting point. You should also be looking at
- Employer websites
- Social media - many employers will maintain a separate early careers account for Twitter or Facebook
- Business news
- Employer events advertised on MyCareer