Strength based interviews
Typical Interview Questions for Strength Based Interviews
- What sort of everyday things do you enjoy doing?
- What makes for a really good day for you?
- What do you think are the most energising things you do?
- Tell me about a time when you think that "the real me" is most coming through.
- Do you have a vision for the future? What is it about?
- Are you a starter or a finisher?
- What do you love to do in your spare time?
- How would a close friend describe you?
- What qualities would you bring to a team?
- What unique qualities can you bring to this company/role?
- Tell me about something you are particularly proud of.
Typical Weakness Questions
- What are the activities that you really dislike doing? Why is that?
- Are there things that you never seem to get done or things that you always try to avoid? What are they?
- What are the activities that drain you when you have to do them? Has it always been this way?
- Identify your Strengths: use your DS login to access this Strengths Assessment
- Jobmi has a free Strengths Match tool that will provide you with individualised feedback on your strengths
- Information from EY on why they use strength based interviews.
- Strength spotting tips (pdf)
- Preparing for a strengths based interview (pdf) from Morgan Stanley
- TARGETjobs employer hub : how to excel in a strengths based interview
Back to Interviews
- Student Experience & Enhancement Services
- Print Services
- Estates Services
- Finance Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate
- Internal Audit
- Research & Knowledge Exchange Services