Information for Staff: Supporting Disabled Students
The Disability Advisers in the Disability & Wellbeing Service have a role to advise University staff on how best to support their students. Advisers are happy to provide advice and guidance, training and development in specific and general areas of disabled student support, University policy, Disability Awareness and other areas.
The sections below provide information intended to give University staff more information about how we support disabled students. If you have a query that is not answered here, please contact us for more information.
- Who we support
- Disclosure and Confidentiality
- Information about about how the needs of disabled students are met and assessed, including:
- Reasonable adjustments
- Disabled students information system on Pegasus (MS PowerPoint version)
- Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) & other funding
- Guidance on Reasonable Adjustments
- Guidance on Exam Arrangements
- Role of the Departmental Disability Contact (DDC)
- Guidance for the Provision of Live Captioning in Zoom
- Disability Resource Development Fund (DRDF)