Education Enhancement Online learning
Online learning offers our students a flexible way to study. Through our virtual online learning environment, students can access high quality learning content, undertake engaging tasks and activities and take part in online teaching sessions. For assessment, tests and quizzes are embedded in courses to enable students to test their knowledge, gain feedback and achieve results. To foster engagement and group learning, discussion boards explore topics and help students to learn together and share ideas. Online databases, e-books and journals can be accessed via the University’s Andersonian Library to support studies.
Expertise in online learning development
University of Strathclyde’s Online Learning Team is multi-disciplined with a range of professional talent and expertise in teaching and learning, training, project management and media production. We provide leadership in online learning and quality standards, oversee and manage the development of high-quality online modules, and provide advice and guidance to staff seeking to develop and deliver premium online learning courses.
Digital Education Leadership
As a leading international technological university, we are committed to the University’s values and goals to provide our students with an outstanding student experience.
We provide leadership in online learning and teaching through:
- developing strategy and policy in online education
- working in partnership with faculty Digital Education teams
- managing Graduate and Degree Apprenticeship online module developments
- project management of online module developments in partnership with teaching teams
- guidance on course design and development
- design and delivery of training to support online learning
- management of Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) developments