Strathclyde is among top UK and international universities partnering with education provider FutureLearn to provide high-quality, free online courses. To date, the University has launched four high-quality Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) in the areas of Forensic Science, Journalism, Business and Caring for Vulnerable Children which have seen a combined total of 87,000 enrolments as of April 2015. These courses are designed to fit around the lives of learners, emphasising learning as a social activity, with knowledge shared and developed between participants.
Expressions of interest in developing a MOOC
We are now inviting informal 'expressions of interest' for the development and delivery of new MOOCs. Education Enhancement will provide project management, course design support and learning technology expertise throughout course development and delivery. No additional funding is available.
The following rubric was approved by the University's Learning Enhancement Committee for consideration of new MOOCs. If you would like to consider developing a MOOC, please review this before submitting an expression of interest and consider how you might meet some or all of the points.
- Faculty/School contribution
- Potential for recruitment to fee-paying courses from positive experiences on related MOOCs
- Corporate/professional body partnership
- Potential for providing staff with opportunities to experience new and diverse methods of delivery of teaching and training
- Potential for re-use of learning resources developed
- Proven interest in online, blended or distance learning from lead academic staff
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details in the first instance or to discuss informally.