Mentoring @ Strathclyde
Mentoring @ Strathclyde supports staff with their career development. There are five schemes which support different staff groups and activities:
- Research - to support research staff with their career development
- Professional Services - to support Professional Services staff with their development
- Teaching - to support teaching staff with their career development
- Family Friendly - As part of the family friendly research leave policy, academic staff can access mentoring support, whether or not they choose to take family friendly research leave
- External Collaborations and Partnerships - to support staff with their Knowledge Exchange endeavours through strengthening their external collaborations and partnerships
If you are a member of staff at the University of Strathclyde and would like to apply for a mentor or be a mentor, visit our SharePoint hub for more information.
Coaching @ Strathclyde
The Organisational and Staff Development Unit offers a professional coaching service for members of staff to support individual, team and organisational performance.
Coaching is a one-to-one, confidential conversation taking place over a number of weeks and months. Coaching takes a non-directive approach, facilitating the individual to come up with solutions rather than the coach offering advice. It should inspire individuals to take responsibility for identifying their need to change and the actions required as a consequence.
Coaching, as defined by the Association of Coaching, is:
"A collaborative solution-focused, results-orientated and systematic process in which the coach facilitates the enhancement of work performance, life experience, self-directed learning and personal growth of the coachee."
If you are a member of staff at Strathclyde and would like more information about our Coaching service, please visit our SharePoint Hub.
- Student Experience & Enhancement Services
- Print Services
- Estates Services
- Finance Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate