Be aware it could happen to you
- Over 50% of UK crime is cyber crime.
- Report incidents straight away.
- Be careful what you post on social media.
Think before you click
- Curiosity, urgency, fear and greed are just some of the tactics used to get you to bite!
- Find out more about phishing.
Don't get caught by scams
- It's not just emails. It could be SMS, phone calls or social media.
- Find out more about social engineering.
Keep up with news and training
Complete your online cyber security awareness training.
Keep software up-to-date and use anti-virus
- New malware and viruses are released every day. Protect yourself.
- Protect yourself from ransomware.
- Find out more about updates and anti-virus.
Protect your passwords
- Keep them unique and strong. Don't share them. Use a password manager.
- Find out more about protecting passwords.
Use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on critical accounts
- So you always know when and where your accounts are being accessed.
- Find out more about Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Protect your data
- Make back-ups, use secure wi-fi and encryption.
- Find out more about protecting your data.
Protect your mobile devices
- Use a PIN or TouchID. Enable remote wipe.
- Find out more about protecting your device.
Lock before you walk
- Lock it up or lock it down before you leave it.
- Find out more about physical security.