Dynamic distribution lists
What are Pegasus Dynamic Distribution Lists?
A Dynamic Personal Distribution List (PDL) is a powerful email communications tool that is used to target a particular group of staff or students. The PDL is dynamic because it is regularly refreshed to ensure that the target group remains up-to-date.
IT Training have developed a training course covering the creation, management and use of Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists.
How do I use this service on PEGASUS?
When you log into PEGASUS you will now see your Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists under the ‘Communications’ tab. This area will clearly display the lists that you are entitled to use. Simply click on the relevant list link and your email will automatically open with the distribution list ready to use.
A number of new enhancements are now available with PEGASUS Personal Distribution Lists:
- Lists can now be filtered. The entry page excludes your withdrawn lists as a default, but you can still view them if you wish to
- Users can now have a maximum of 100 lists
- Users can use any list name as long as it is unique and can now use + (plus) – (dash) and . (full stop) in the list name
- Users can use criteria match values to identify nominees, as well as individuals
- These new lists will use dlists.strath.ac.uk instead of plists.strath.ac.uk. Existing lists will continue to use plists.strath.ac.uk
If you can't send to a list
Make sure the email client is using your University email account and that this email account is the same as recorded on the Human Resources Information Server (HRIS).
If emails bounce back
One reason for this could be that the recipient's email address has been incorrectly recorded using HRIS. Contact us for advice.
For help with technical issues when using Dynamic Personal Distribution Lists, please contact us.