Information Services customer charter
We may have had to make changes to the services detailed on this page due to COVID–19 restrictions.
Please see our Coronavirus information page for the latest updates.
We are committed to providing a high quality and accessible people-oriented service, befitting a leading international technological University. We aim to work collaboratively and in partnership with our customers to offer innovative and effective learning spaces, facilities and resources, both onsite and online. Our staff will strive to ensure the Charter is being observed and customers and staff are free to refer to it as required. Our Charter should be read in conjunction with the University’s Library and IT policies.
- Treat you with respect, courtesy and fairness at all times.
- Offer a safe, comfortable and clean environment where you can study and learn.
- Provide study spaces that meet your needs, with well-equipped computer suites and a mix of silent, individual and group study areas.
- Provide knowledgeable staff to answer your questions and help you find what you need.
- Provide professional subject support and training sessions to help you develop your information literacy skills.
- Provide access to IT Systems that meet your needs.
- Update you on the status of our IT systems and services.
- Ensure your needs are the focus of our services, collections and resources.
- Listen to your feedback and work with you to improve our services.
- Treat our staff, other customers, facilities and resources with respect and courtesy.
- Adopt considerate behaviour in line with the Library Zoning, observing noise and mobile phone restrictions in quiet/silent study areas.
- Observe food and drink restrictions in different Library Zones and IT Labs.
- Tidy up after yourself, putting all waste in the recycling bins provided.
- Look after your belongings and avoid leaving them unattended.
- Keep your username and password secure at all times.
- Be careful what you click online to avoid malware, ransomware and viruses.
- Refrain from downloading illegal content.
- Tell us when something's gone wrong so we can do our best to put it right.
- Help improve our services, collections and resources through your comments and suggestions.