Print, scan or copy
Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities are available in the Library and in centrally-managed PC suites across campus.
Top up your print card
- If you have already set up an online print account, you can add money to your print card online or at the kiosk in the Library.
- If you have not already set up an online print account or if you have forgotten your print account password, unfortuantely you can't set up a new print account or reset your password online at this time. We are currently investigating this issue and will restore this service as soon as we can. In the meantime, please visit the Library to add money to your print card.
How to print, scan and copy
You can use our multi-function devices (MFDs) to:
- copy, and
You can use the MFDs to print and copy in:
- mono (greyscale), or
The MFDs can print and copy on:
- A4 (210 x 297mm), or
- A3 (297 x 420mm) paper.
Print from your own device
You can use University printers to print from your own device. To do this, you can:
- Download and install the appropriate print driver for your device
- Email the document(s) you want to print to our webprint service
- Upload the document(s) you want to print to our webprint service
To use any of these options, log in to webprint.strath.ac.uk using your DS username and password and choose the appropriate tab.
Ask at the Enquiry desk or contact us if you need help printing from your own device.
Using the MFDs
- You need a University print card to use the MFDs. A print card is different from your student card.
- Printing and copying prices start from 5p per sheet.
- Scanning is free of charge.
Your University print card
You use a plastic, pre-pay print card to pay for printing and photocopying on-campus.
A print card is different from your student card. Collect your print card from the enquiry point on Level 3 of the Library.
When you register your print card we will give you £1 of credit for free.
Adding credit to your print card
You can add credit to your card:
- With cash or coins at the kiosk on Level 3 of the Library, or
- With a credit or debit card online at studentprint.strath.ac.uk
Please don't buy more credit than you need. We can't refund unused credit at the end of your studies, and you can't transfer your credit to another student.
Printing and copying costs
|Paper size||Colour||Price per sheet (pence)|
|A4 (210 x 297mm)||Mono (black and white)||5|
|A3 (297 x 420mm)||Mono||10|
|Paper size||Colour||Price per sheet (£)|
|A1 (594 x 841mm)||Mono (black and white)||1.00|
|A0 (841 x 1189mm)||Mono||2.00|
Video: using University printers
Visit our In Depth pages for more help with printing, scanning and copying on-campus.