Role, Selection & Briefing of Student Members of Review Teams
Student members are full members of Departmental Review Panels with equal status to the other members. The guidance details the role, selection and briefing of Student members of Review Teams.
Who can be a student member?
- Current students of the University of Strathclyde in good academic standing;
- Former students of the University of Strathclyde who graduated no more than two years prior to the date of the initial review meetings; and
- Members of the Student Executive of the University of Strathclyde Students’ Association (USSA).
Nobody who is or was a student of the Department/School under review, or who has any contact with the Department/School which might lead to a conflict of interest, can be a student member of a Departmental Review Team.
All student reviewers must undertake the agreed training programme before they can join a Departmental Review Panel.
Student Reviewers will be eligible to undertake reviews for as long as they continue to meet the selection criteria.
As a student reviewer, you would be expected to:
- Read and analyse the Department’s/School’s self-assessment document and any other documentation provided to the Panel;
- Participate in the review visits;
- Form conculsions on the basis of the information before the Review Panel; and
- Contribute to and comment on the draft Review Report.
As student reviewers bring a learner perspective to the review, their responsibilities will focus on lines of enquiry relating to the management of the student learning experience by the Department and the effectiveness of its approach to engaging students.
All student members of Departmental Review Teams, other than Sabbatical Officers, will be paid £400 for each review undertaken. They will also be paid for expenses to attend training.
If you would like to become a student reviewer please contact The University of Strathclyde Students' Association.
Here are additional links of interest
- Student Experience & Enhancement Services
- Print Services
- Estates Services
- Finance Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate
- Research & Knowledge Exchange Services
- Policies Index