The University is committed to providing a high-quality student learning experience for all our students and recent results in the National Student Survey and ELIR testify to this commitment.
Academic Quality is managed through a quality framework, which aims to provide a flexible yet robust approach to quality enhancement and assurance. Ensuring high standards of academic quality can only be achieved by all our colleagues across academic and professional services areas working together.
The Quality and Policy Team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the University's academic quality assurance systems by:
- facilitating and supporting the development of the University's academic policy and procedures
- ensuring consistency across our academic regulations for all our students
- encouraging coordination and sharing of good practice between schools, departments and faculties
- helping departments, schools and faculties to prepare for external reviews of education provision
- liaising with and providing information to the Quality Assurance Agency
- ensuring fairness and good procedural practice in student appeals and disciplinary matters