The office is now closed in response to the ongoing Coronavirus situation and staff are working remotely until further notice.
During this time we will not have access to printing or postage facilities and so we will be unable to provide a replacement parchment service.
In the meantime you can request verification of your studies by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Full details can be found at: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studentlifecycle/academicverification/.
We appreciate your understanding at this difficult time.
THE INFORMATION LISTED BELOW, IN RELATION TO REPLACEMENT PARCHMENTS, SHOULD NOT BE REFERRED TO DURING THE CURRENT COVID-19 SITUATION. YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE.
Your parchment (degree certificate) is an official document which proves that you have a University of Strathclyde qualification which includes: undergraduate degrees, postgraduate degrees, certificates and diplomas of higher education.
Please note the following:
- Only one copy of your parchment may be in existence at any given time.
- A replacement parchment can only be produced if the original certificate has been lost, stolen or destroyed and not where it is temporarily mislaid or inaccessible.
- We do not provide duplicate certificates and your original certificate becomes invalid as soon as a replacement has been issued.
- Only one replacement can be ordered and certificates will only be sent to the applicant and not to a third party.
- The replacement certificate, if issued, will be in the current University format which may differ from your original certificate, and will state “(Duplicate) Reprinted on …” This will not affect the validity of the certificate.
- Replacements will bear the name of the graduate as they were known at the time of graduation and names cannot be changed retrospectively.
If you require a replacement certificate you should make your request via the University’s Online Shop. The cost is £35.00 and payment can be made by either debit or credit card.
The University reserves the right to refuse to issue a replacement certificate. A full refund will be given if the University is unable to provide a replacement certificate for any reason.
Regrettably we are unable to reproduce certificates for courses that were completed at Jordanhill College of Education prior to the 1993 merger with the University of Strathclyde. You can however purchase a Transcript via the Online Shop or request an Academic Verification Letter.
PLEASE READ THE FAQ INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REQUEST FOR A REPLACEMENT PARCHMENT