We provide research-led teaching drawing on our comprehensive subject-matter expertise. Our first-hand understanding of current international and transnational law-making processes will greatly enhance students’ global employability in:
- international organisations
- national governments involved in international, EU and/or transnational environmental law matters
- think tanks and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) that operate at the international, regional, national and sub-national level
In addition, the Strathclyde Centre for Environmental Law & Governance will provide opportunities to involve undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD students in research, knowledge exchange and consultancy work with a view to providing unique on-the-job training, as well as CV-building and professional networking opportunities.
Our LLM Programmes:
- Are open to lawyers and non-lawyers;
- Provide tailored career advice (with a particular emphasis on international careers).
Our breadth of connections in different areas of environmental legal practice will allow us to proactively support students in pursuing global internships (which have become an almost necessary step for an international career) and global employment opportunities (linked to our work on partnerships).
Spend a Year in Scotland
We offer an on-campus programme. This means that you will have the opportunity to spend a year in Scotland and take advantage of all the activities and opportunities organised at the Strathclyde Centre for Environmental Law and Governance, as well as by other colleagues in the Law School and across the University. Typically, on-campus programmes are preferred by recent graduates and professionals that are contemplating a career change. They provide comprehensive knowledge of a variety of subject areas related to environmental law and governance.