Strathclyde Institute for Operations Management (SIOM) innovates through research programmes. Our leadership is underpinned by years of experience and expertise in applying analysis techniques to determine and diagnose challenges and opportunities: In addition to codifying the essence of best practice we are in a position to innovate a progressive, forward thinking approach to Operations Management. Our expertise covers a range of specialisms and, through coordinated collaboration we are able to deliver ground-breaking solutions centred on thriving through change, complexity and uncertainty. Our specialisms include:
- Business models and strategy
- Culture, change leadership and change management
- Forecasting and decision analysis
- Managing competitive advantage
- Raising productivity and achieving process excellence
- Supply chain management
- Sustainability – from financial robustness to environmentally sound
- Systems Engineering and Systems thinking
If you are interested in PhD study please apply online here. In some instances, we may be able to assist with funding.
PhD projects can be tailored to address strategic, long-standing industry challenges. If you are interested in supporting Industrial PhD research and benefiting from the results please get in touch.