This theme considers labour within and across the so-called Global North and South, and the implications of global inequalities in trade and power for workers across sites of commodity production, mineral and energy extraction and the service industry. Recent studies have included Haitian migration to Brazil, internally displaced workers in hydrodam construction in Latin America and posted workers in Europe.
- Another Africa Is Possible
- Institute of Sociology, University of Wroclaw, Poland
- Department People, Organizations and Society, Grenoble School of Management, France
- Department of Geography, Federal University of Acre (Brazil)
- Work and Equalities Institute
- Francis Virginio, Department of Work, Employment & Organisation, University of Strathclyde
- Brian Garvey, Department of Work, Employment & Organisation, University of Strathclyde