The Department of Work Employment & Organisation is based within Strathclyde Business School. Some of our highlights include:
- editors of key journals – Employee Relations, Human Resource Management Journal, New Technology Work & Employment, Organization Studies
- lead collaborative international research networks, such as the European Commission’s Marie Curie Initial Training Network: Changing Employment (2012-2016), and the Work, Land and Globalisation network.
- host and organise key academic and practice conferences, e.g., International Labour Process Conference, Chartered Institute for Personnel & Development, British Universities Industrial Relations Association
- impactful research - ranked excellent for impact in REF 2014. The Scottish Centre for Employment Research also works with a number of partners, including the Scottish Government, Skills Development Scotland and Scottish Enterprise
- strategic themes - our research cuts across several of the University's strategic themes, primarily Society & policy, Health & wellbeing, and Innovation & entrepreneurship