My teaching on the social work qualifying courses includes: poverty and deprivation; theory and practice and lifelong learning. I also have a tutoring role in supporting students on practice placements and supervise students undertaking undergraduate and postgradure dissertations.
My research interests focus on social work education. This includes students’ ability to convey critical thinking in their written work, the way race issues are understood by students, use of assessment tools and the effective delivery of feedback.
- Digital Storytelling, Accomodated Children and Children's Hearings
- Heron, Gavin (Principal Investigator) Steckley, Laura (Co-investigator)
- Period 27-Jun-2015 - 25-Sep-2015
- Exploring the influence of feedback on student social workers' understanding of child care and protection
- Heron, Gavin (Principal Investigator)
- Period 01-Aug-2011 - 31-Jan-2013
Lord Hope Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map