My research interests are focused on the interactions of solid particle erosion and wear of materials in corrosive environments, with specific emphasis on the development of mapping techniques for understanding the mechanisms of materials loss. These include the marine renewable engineering, bio-medical and oil & gas fields. I head up the Tribology Research Group in the Department which has attracted over £2m of research funding since 2016. I am a Fellow of the Institute of Physics (CPhys, FInsP), of the Institute of Materials, Mining and Minerals (FIMMM) and the Institution of Engineers of Ireland (CEng, FIEI).
I have led the EPSRC funded ReC-ASM (£1.1m) project which aims to optimize materials in marine and tidal energy conversion and currently lead a group of 15 PhD and MEng researchers including 3 Research Associates.
My group has authored approximately 200 publications (135 journal articles) and has a H index of 42.
Our research findings have been presented at over 70 international/national conferences.
I lead the International Network on Tribo-Corrosion (TrICorr-Net) and sit on several editorial boards including Tribology International.
Our group has founded the first journal in Tribo-Corrosion of which I am Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Bio- and Tribo-Corrosion (Springer).
I was Overseas Chair for Tribo-Corrosion V, Hyderabad, India, December 2016.
- Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, External examiner PhD
- 3rd International Brazilian Conference on Tribology
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, India, External examiner PhD
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, External examiner PhD.
- 17th Nordic Symposium on Tribology
- Keynote/plenary speaker
- International Conference on Metallurgical Coatings and Thin Films
- Member of programme committee
more professional activities
- REMS | Aghasibayli, Sabina
- Brennan, Feargal (Principal Investigator) Stack, Margaret (Co-investigator) Aghasibayli, Sabina (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 01-Jan-2021
- Erosion-Corrosion Mapping in Oil/Water Solutions
- Stack, Margaret (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2017 - 30-Jan-2019
- SPIRE 2 (Storage Platform for the Integration of Renewable Energy)
- Stack, Margaret (Principal Investigator) Leithead, Bill (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2017 - 31-Jan-2021
- Marine Renewable Infrastructure Network for Enhancing Technologies 2 MARINET II
- Johnstone, Cameron (Principal Investigator) Day, Sandy (Co-investigator) Stack, Margaret (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2017 - 30-Jan-2021
- Centre for Advanced Materials for Renewable Energy Generation: CAMREG
- Stack, Margaret (Principal Investigator) Brennan, Feargal (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2016 - 30-Jan-2020
- APESA (H2020 MSCA EID)
- MacKenzie, Donald (Principal Investigator) Comlekci, Tugrul (Co-investigator) Dempster, William (Co-investigator) Galloway, Alexander (Co-investigator) Stack, Margaret (Co-investigator) Stickland, Matthew (Co-investigator) Thomason, James (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2015 - 31-Jan-2019
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
James Weir Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map