Students will be eligible to apply for the scholarship if:
- They are already holding an offer of study on either the MSc in Offshore Wind Energy or MSc in Wind Energy Systems one-year degree programmes at Strathclyde
- They are not in receipt of another scholarship or offer of commercial or industry funding to support the cost of tuition fees
- They are classed as Home or Rest of UK students for tuition fee purposes (domiciled in Scotland or the Rest of the UK)
- They have an interest in pursuing a career in renewable energy with SSE Renewables.
The scholarship will only be awarded when the student is confirmed as being accepted onto the relevant MSc degree programme.
There will be a selection committee to assess the applications and decide on the successful candidates. This committee will include representatives from the University of Strathclyde and SSE Renewables.
Eligible students will apply directly to the University of Strathclyde by completing a scholarship application form. The application will consider the following non-exclusive list:
- Academic merit and other achievements
- Personal statement that identifies the difference the scholarship would make to the applicant, and states their interest in pursuing a career with SSE Renewables.
A shortlist of applicants will be offered interviews and the interview panel will include representatives from the University of Strathclyde and from SSE Renewables.
Decisions of the Selection Committee shall be made by simple majority. If a decision cannot be reached, the SSE Renewables representative shall make the final decision. All decisions will be final.
SSE are proud to celebrate difference. Everyone has different skills, experience and backgrounds and they strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. SSE take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything they do at SSE and the company live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE are an equal opportunity employer who encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. They actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
How to apply
Find out more and apply online here.
To read how we process personal data, applicants can review our 'Privacy Notice for Student Applicants and Potential Applicants' on our Privacy notices' web page.