The scholarships will be available to those EU applicants who would have previously been eligible for Home (Scottish/EU) fee status but, because of Brexit, will now be classified as being eligible for International fee status.
Your application for study will be checked for eligibility when you apply, therefore you do not need to make a separate application for this scholarship.
The scholarships will be automatically applied to:
EU nationals and their dependant family members who are self-funding and:
- are resident in the European Economic Area, Switzerland or the UK at the time of application; and
- are classed as international for tuition fee purposes; and
- are entering a full time degree undergraduate or postgraduate taught Masters programmes for the Academic year 2021/22
This scholarship does not apply to students classified as Home or RUK for tuition fee purposes.
The value of scholarship available is noted below:
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- £5,000 - £7,000 for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences full time courses as noted below:
- £7,000 for LLM courses (Law School)
- £5,000 for all other Masters Programmes, EXCLUDING:
- - distance learning/online Masters programmes
- - fees for programmes in the Centre for Lifelong Learning
- - modular programme fees
Strathclyde Business School
£7,000-£10,000 for Strathclyde Business School, dependent on subject area as noted below:
- £10,000 - All full-time postgraduate taught masters degrees in the departments of Accounting & Finance; Human Resource Management; Management Science (Business analysis, Data analytics, Health Analysis, Policy & Management)
- £8,500 - All full-time postgraduate taught masters degrees in:
- Applied Economics and Economics & Finance
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology
- Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Business & Management and International Management
- all Marketing programmes
- £8,500 - full-time postgraduate taught masters degree in Economics and Policy of Energy and Climate Change
- £7,000 - full-time postgraduate taught masters degree in Project Management & Innovation
The MBA is excluded, as this programme has a separate package of generous scholarships. Further information on available awards and eligibility criteria can be found on the MBA scholarships listings.
Faculty of Engineering
- £8,000 for Faculty of Engineering - open to eligible EU students across all full time courses
Faculty of Science
- £7,000-£10,000 for Faculty of Science full time courses as noted below:
- £8,000 - All full-time postgraduate taught masters degrees in the Departments of Physics, Pure and Applied Chemistry, and the Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- £7,000 - All full-time postgraduate taught masters degrees in the Departments of Computer and Information Sciences, and Mathematics and Statistics (excluding the below)
- £10,000 - MSc Actuarial Science
- £10,000 - MSc Quantitative Finance
- Online MScs are excluded
If you would like any further information, please contact the faculty on:
How to apply
Your application for study will be checked for eligibility when you apply, therefore you do not need to make a separate application for this scholarship. The University will publish full eligibility criteria for the scholarship in early 2021.