The scholarships will be available to those EU applicants who would have previously been eligible for Home (Scottish/EU) fee status but, because of Brexit, will now be classified as being eligible for International fee status.
Your application for study will be checked for eligibility when you apply, therefore you do not need to make a separate application for this scholarship.
The scholarships will be automatically applied to:
EU nationals and their dependant family members who are self-funding and:
- are resident in the European Economic Area, Switzerland or the UK at the time of application; and
- are classed as international for tuition fee purposes; and
- are entering a full time degree undergraduate or postgraduate taught Masters programmes for the Academic year 2021/22
This scholarship does not apply to students classified as Home or RUK for tuition fee purposes.
The value of scholarship available is noted below:
£5,000 per year for Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences courses
£5,000 per year for Strathclyde Business School courses
£8,000 per year for Faculty of Engineering courses - open to eligible EU students across all full time courses
£6,000 - £8,000 per year for Faculty of Science courses as noted below:
- £8,000 for all full-time undergraduate degrees in the Departments of Physics, Pure and Applied Chemistry, and the Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- £7,000 for all full-time undergraduate degrees in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences
- £6,000 for all full-time undergraduate degrees in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics
If you would like any further information, please contact the faculty on:
Strathclyde Business School: email@example.com
Humanities & Social Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Your application for study will be checked for eligibility when you apply, therefore you do not need to make a separate application for this scholarship. The University will publish full eligibility criteria for the scholarship in early 2021