All applicants must be competing in a SportScotland-recognised sport, and priority will be given to students competing in a BUCS-sport who can demonstrate the potential to contribute toward the University's objective of being ranked in the top 20 in the UK by 2022-23.
Given the competitiveness of the Scholarships, we would anticipate that all applicants are competing at Junior or Senior International level.
Furthermore, we actively encourage students competing at an elite level within disability sport and our new £31m Sports Facility is fully-accessible.
In addition to the discounted tuition fees, Performance Sports Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support package which provides them with:
- Strathclyde Sport Membership
- Sports Union Membership
- Individualised year-round Strength and Conditioning Services (up to three sessions per week)
- Physiotherapy support (on referral)
- Athlete Lifestyle Support Workshops
- Academic Flexibility (where feasible)
- Scholar-branded Canterbury training kit
If you require any further information / guidance, please contact: Dave Sykes, Performance Sport Manager via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or tel (0141 548 3822)
How to apply
Please apply through the online form.