- Number of scholarships: 3
- Value: Full tuition fees - £9,600
- Opens: 12 June 2023
- Deadline: 18 August 2023
- Helps with: Tuition fees
- Duration: One year
Clyde, Stronelairg, Dunmaglass Wind Farms and SSE Renewables are offering scholarships to eligible students studying the following courses at the University of Strathclyde:
- MSc in Offshore Wind Energy
- MSc in Wind Energy Systems
- MSc Sustainable Engineering: Renewable Energy Systems & the Environment
- MSc Sustainability & Environmental Studies
- MSc Sustainable Engineering: Offshore Renewable Energy
- MSc Sustainable Engineering: Marine Technology
- MSc Sustainable Engineering: Chemical Processing
This new scholarship programme is open to Scottish and Rest of UK students who have an offer to study on any of these courses.
There will be a selection committee to assess the applications and decide on the successful candidates. This committee will include representatives from the University of Strathclyde and SSE Renewables.
Eligible students will apply directly to the University of Strathclyde by completing a scholarship application form. The application will consider the following non-exclusive list:
- Academic merit and other achievements
- Personal statement that identifies the difference the scholarship would make to the applicant, and states their interest in pursuing a career with SSE Renewables.
A shortlist of applicants will be offered interviews and the interview panel will include representatives from the University of Strathclyde and from SSE Renewables.
Decisions of the Selection Committee shall be made by simple majority. If a decision cannot be reached, the SSE Renewables representative shall make the final decision. All decisions will be final.
Clyde, Stronelairg, and Dunmaglass Wind Farms are three joint ventures delivering on-shore renewable technology in 3 locations across Scotland. Central to each wind farm’s strategy is building value for society while investing in electricity infrastructure needed for the transition to net zero.
In addition to financial support, successful scholarship students will also receive valuable knowledge and expertise from the operations team at one of the Wind Farms as well as hearing about graduate opportunities available in the sector.
SSE Renewables are proud to celebrate difference. Everyone has different skills, experience and backgrounds and they strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. SSE Renewables take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything they do at SSE and the company live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE Renewables are an equal opportunity employer who encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. They actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE Renewables.
Awards are subject to acceptance of the scholarship programme standard terms and conditions.
Full Scholarship Fund terms and conditions
- The Clyde, Stronelairg, and Dunmaglass Wind Farm decision is final.
- Each scholarship is for the named person on the application only.
- The scholarship is to be used in support of tuition fees only. The funding will be paid directly to the University of Strathclyde.
- The scholar must take part in the promotion of this scholarship and may be asked to participate in having their photograph taken and providing a personal statement for use in promotional material. The scholar’s personal data (email address, phone number and postal address) will be retained by the University of Strathclyde and supply of these details to SSE Renewables will only used for purposes related to promotion of the scholarship.
- If requested the scholar must attend a Scholarships & Awards Ceremony (date and location to be confirmed) to be formally presented with the award.
- The scholar commits to informing, Clyde, Stronelairg, and Dunmaglass Wind Farms and SSE Renewables of their job and sector on completion of their degree.
- The scholar should commence their course of study during the academic year of 2023/24. Authorised postponements will be considered only in exceptional circumstances.
- Clyde, Stronelairg, and Dunmaglass Wind Farms and SSE Renewables reserves the right to investigate and possibly withdraw a person from the scholarship programme if there is adequate proven evidence of illegal activities discovered.
- Clyde, Stronelairg, and Dunmaglass Wind Farms and SSE Renewables reserves the right to make reasonable changes to this contract at any time and will advise the scholar if this occurs, as and when required.
- You can only receive one scholarship from the fund.