Brand new Students' Union
The Learning and Teaching building will create a stunning new home for StrathUnion at the centre of campus. We’re bring the outside in, with beautiful trees and green spaces in the heart of our indoor space - The Terrace - where it all happens!
Whether you’re looking to enjoy the amazing year-round events programme of live music and sport, chill out, or get involved with more than 100 clubs and societies, the new space has something for you.
The multi-million pound investment in the Union ensures sector leading services for students at Strathclyde – taking inspirations from a 'sunny day in Glasgow' the new union will surpass all your expectations – this is now one of Glasgow’s premier venues and the only one focussed solely on students.
Chief Executive, Strathclyde Students' Union
What you'll find in your new Union
The new Learning and Teaching building places the Students' Union at the heart of the campus and at the centre of student life at Strathclyde. The Union is your campus living room - a place to connect, socialise, eat and drink.
The Union provides a gateway to new opportunities, the place to start or join clubs and societies, to ensuring your voice is heard and where you can come for welfare support and advice. The Union houses media groups like the Strathclyde Telegraph and Fusion Radio, has a student run sustainability hub and is the heart of democracy on campus. With state-of-the-art venue spaces around the building you can experience everything from live music performances to comedy nights, DJ sets and so much more.
- media suite on the ground floor to bring Strathclyde journalists to the heart of the action. Radio and podcasting suite and dedicated space for media societies
- dedicated student union auditorium on the ground floor to host over 130 people
- accessible storage space for societies
- Level Two boasts an incredible games area, with 10 pool tables, three darts lanes and 10 x 86” TVs
- bar & bistro for refreshments
- multipurpose staging that will swing into action for live events, with mobile bars and a mobile PA system to create the perfect space for bespoke events
- events space for over 250 people, creating an amazing backdrop for ceilidhs and get-togethers
- coffee shop with indoor and outdoor seating, and a range of eateries – including a take-away pizza facility that will stay open until late