We are making huge progress on access and equality.
Head of Access
Equality & Inclusion
As an inclusive, diverse and people-oriented University, we will ensure that all staff are appropriately challenged and able to balance work and life commitments.
We will achieve this by:
- appointing a Workplace Wellbeing Manager and developing and implementing a workplace health action plan, 'Thrive@Strathclyde’
- ensuring that staff are clear on what is expected of them, that workloads are discussed and appropriate and expectations correspondingly clear
- enhancing work/life balance through agile working and using technology as an enabler
- continuing to implement a range of sector-leading, socially progressive, people-oriented policies to support our outstanding staff
- appointing a Head of Staff Equality and Inclusion and developing and implementing a ‘best in class’ staff Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme
We will measure our progress by:
- achieving a continuously closing gender pay gap
- staff sickness absence levels
- monitoring the level of female staff and staff from a BME background who are in senior roles
- monitoring our overall race pay gap and the overall pay gap between those who have/have not disclosed a disability
- ensuring we maintain or grow the proportion of our international academic professional staff