Strathclyde Entrepreneurial Network is committed to supporting international graduates with innovative businesses. The Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa scheme allows graduates to remain in the UK to start and develop new businesses. We are keen to identify and sponsor entrepreneurially-minded individuals who have high-growth potential.
To be considered for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa, applicants must have:
- registered with Strathclyde Entrepreneurial Network
- attended a Business Model Canvas workshop
- been actively engaged with the Start-Up Manager (for a minimum of six months), who can provide access to a range of interventions, including: mentoring, 1-1 advice, small grants, peer networks, office space and the wider entrepreneurial support landscape
- developed a full business plan and pitch
An internal committee will select individuals to present to the panel based on the quality of their business plan. There will be two endorsement panels held each academic year. Successfully endorsed entrepreneurs will be expected to meet with the Start-Up Manager on a monthly basis and make regular use of the Enterprise Hub facilities.
Eligibility and Process
You can download our Tier 1 GE Visa Process Infographic for a visual outline of the process. Please also review the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa Student Guide for full details on the scheme. For information regarding Home Office eligibility requirements, contact the International Student Support Team (email@example.com; 0141 548 4273).
Below is the timeline you should consider in your final year of study (dates subject to change):
• Register with SEN and attend a Business Model Canvas Workshop by December 2018
• Submit a completed, full Business Plan by 31st May 2019
• Pitch to the endorsement panel on 1st July 2019
• Register with SEN and attend a Business Model Canvas Workshop by April 2019
• Submit a completed, full Business Plan by 6th September 2019
• Pitch to the endorsement panel on 7th October 2019 or 4th November 2019