Architecture International activities
Our international education and research partnerships aim to improve architecture and urban design in the 21st century.
Each year, we host many students from around the world who either apply to study on one of our undergraduate or postgraduate courses or who spend up to a year studying abroad on one of our student exchange programmes.
There are a number of ways international students can study with us, including:
- joining one of our degree programmes
- taking part in an exchange programme
- joining our doctoral programme
We encourage working in partnership with academics throughout the world. This can be done by:
- setting up a joint educational partnership (eg agreements on articulation, joint courses, student exchange)
- setting up a joint research partnership
If you have ideas on how you would like to work with us please contact Dr David Grierson, Deputy Head of Architecture and Director of Internationalisation.
Our global partners
The Department of Architecture has links and partnerships in:
- the Persian Gulf
- South America
International conferences & events
The Department of Architecture organises and delivers exciting international events and symposia on topics of urbanism, architecture, construction, heritage and conservation, BIM and more. Check out our upcoming international events:
- 28th International Seminar of Urban Form (ISUF2021). The event will take place between 29 June and 3 July 2021, organised by the Urban Design Studies Unit at the Department of Architecture and hosted in the TIC Building of the University of Strathclyde. The conference will discuss the role of urban form and urban design in conceptualizing, delivering and managing sustainable and prosperous cities, in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and in particular SDG 11 “Sustainable Cities and Communities”.
If you want to know more, visit www.isuf2021.com, contact the conference chair Prof Sergio Porta, Director of the Urban Design Studies Unit or get in touch with the organising committee at email@example.com.