Our research focusses on enabling automated systems and intelligent robotics with improved efficiency and awareness.
Autonomous systems and mechatronics has been established as a key technology in developing many intelligent systems, in particular for consumable projects.
Our Robotics & Autonomous Research Group is active in:
- generating novel conceptual solutions and applying various technology, for challenges that require high intelligence, fast response and efficiency
- providing application in various areas including food & drink, agricultural industries and health
Our specialist expertise includes:
- electronics and power systems
- intelligent mechatronic and robotic control architectures and learning systems
- mechatronic system development methodologies and mechatronic system modelling and prototyping
- mechatronic system design and simulation platforms to support mechatronic systems development
- networks and fuzzy logic
- orbital and planetary robotics for both space and terrestrial applications
- systems - human interaction and integration technology
- system modelling and simulation