Our 2024 Programme
Applications for the 2024 programme are now closed
|Applications Open||Wednesday 27 September 2023|
|Applications Deadline||Friday 3 November 2023|
|Teacher Statement Deadline||Monday 13 November 2023|
|Decisions Announced||Wednesday 22 November 2023|
|Programme Taking Place||22-26 January 2024|
Application Terms & Conditions
- pupils must be studying in a Scottish secondary school in S2 in the current school session in order to be eligible to apply.
- applications should be submitted using our online application form only (the ‘Apply Now’ button to the right of this page will appear active when applications open).
- when completing the application, pupils will be asked to provide details (including an e-mail address) of their teacher and a parent/guardian. (Pupils must obtain permission from teachers and parents/guardians before including their name and contact details on the application form).
- once an application has been submitted no changes can be made – pupils are asked to ensure they are completely happy with the information entered on the application before submitting.
- when an application is submitted, the nominated teacher will receive an e-mail request to provide a supporting statement on the pupil’s application by logging into our online system (the deadline for supporting statements will be outlined above).
- please note that we are unable to consider applications if a supporting statement from the teacher is not provided.
Pupils will be informed of decisions by e-mail after a selection panel made up of staff from the Faculty of Engineering meet to consider applications.
- unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications.
Successful applicants will be informed as to which of the dates they have been allocated to attend (either 22-23 January OR 24 January for a virtual session OR 25-26 January 2024). Please note that applicants will be allocated to a specific date by the Young WEIR-WISE organising committee and this date will be final – changes cannot be made following the allocation.
- teachers and parents/guardians will be informed by e-mail as to whether their pupil/ward has been successful.
- parents will be asked to provide consent for their child to participate.
For more information on the programme or if you have any questions then please email us at eng-weir-wise