Applications will open in February for the programme which will run in June.
Please note the following key dates if you wish to apply:
Key Dates – June 2024 Space School Programme
|Friday 16 February 2024
|Monday 18 March 2024
|Teacher Statement Deadline
|Monday 25 March 2024
|Monday 15 April 2024
|Programme Taking Place
|Monday 10 - Friday 14 June 2024
- Pupils must currently be in S5 at a Scottish secondary school and be studying Maths and Science subjects at Higher level to be eligible to apply.
- Applications should be submitted using our online application form only (the ‘Apply Now’ button to the right of this page will appear active when applications open at the date listed above).
- When completing the application, pupils will be asked to provide details (including an e-mail address) of their teacher. Pupils must obtain permission from teachers before including their name and contact details on the application form.
- When an application is submitted, the nominated teacher will receive an e-mail request to provide a supporting statement on the pupil’s application by logging into our online system. Teacher statements can be submitted at any time after the application is submitted and final deadline for submission is listed above. Please note: that we are unable to consider applications if a supporting statement from the teacher is not provided.
- Once an application has been submitted no changes can be made – pupils are asked to ensure they are completely happy with the information entered on the application before submitting. If more than one application is submitted by an individual pupil, only the first submission will be considered and any duplicates will be automatically deleted.
- A selection panel, made up of staff from the Faculty of Engineering at the University will meet to consider applications and make decisions. Pupils will be informed by e-mail on or before the date listed above. Teachers will also be informed by e-mail as to whether their pupils has been successful.