The Strathclyde Law Review allows you to get your work published. Through published articles, you can express your views, and read other student opinions, on current legal developments.
It’s a student run body and we welcome submissions from authors on any legal topic (subject to the approval of the editorial board).
SubmissionsSubmissions now open - deadline 15 April 2018
We’re now accepting submissions for the fourth edition. The deadline for submissions is the 15 April 2018.
We welcome submissions from students at all stages, from first year undergraduate to postgraduate PhD level. You can submit a piece of work, which has been written for part of your degree, or you can write something specifically for the Review.
Your article must provide a critical analysis of a particular area of law, publication or judicial decision. Your comment should be original, relevant and aim to make an interesting contribution to the academic debate.
The following types of submissions will be considered:
- case notes (500 to 1500 words on a recent judicial development)
- book reviews (500 to 1500 words on a recent publication)
- essays & short articles (1500 to 4000 words)
- long articles (4000 to 10,000 words)
Students and academics are encouraged to write about current legal issues. Original and contemporary papers will be highly regarded.
All submissions are compiled anonymously and reviewed by the Editorial Board.
How to submit your work
Please submit your work to email@example.com
Provide the area of law, title and word count of your paper.
If you're submitting previous course work then please provide the grade you received.
- the most recent court decisions can be found at ScotCourts Site
- all articles must conform to the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities
- articles must be written according to the Strathclyde Student Law Review House Style
- The Constitution contains the rules and regulations that govern the internal running of the review
- For a guide to effective legal research, please see the Strathclyde University LibGuide (Law)
The Strathclyde Law Review is a student-led organisation, formed with the purpose of showcasing and disseminating legal scholarship in Scotland and beyond.
We would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support during the 2016-2017 academic year.