How can the Careers Service help me?
The Careers Service is here for you from the day you begin your studies until graduation and beyond. Find out here about some of the services we offer.
MyCareer is our online events and careers management system. Login to search for upcoming events, book events, book a CV check and manage your bookings.
We run events throughout the year to help you prepare for your career after university.
From employer presentations to alumni networking evenings, there'll be something for everyone.
Find out about the wide variety of events run by the Careers Service and employers and how to book to attend these.
CareerHub Strathclyde is our vacancy portal. Here, we advertise graduate jobs, internships, placements, insight events, volunteering, and gap-year jobs.
You can also search our directory of employers/organisations who have registered with CareerHub.
The vacancy portal is accessible by all current Strathclyde students (DS login required). Graduates also have access for five years.
Many enquiries can be dealt with by our Information Team. You can find us at the Careers Reception Desk on Level 4 of the Learning and Teaching Building, Dame Jocelyn Bell-Burnell Wing. The team will be pleased to help you.
If you're a current student/recent graduate you can:
- email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- submit your enquiry to us by using the Ask a Question facility on MyCareerHub Strathclyde
Our website provides a wide range of career information. But if you have not been able to find the answer to your question, email us about the following topics:
- How to explore your options
- Information on a specific job/employer
- Information on qualifications
- Further study
- Identifying vacancies
- Making applications
- Interviews and assessment centres
- Internships/vacation work
- Part-time work whilst studying
- Working abroad
- Career changes
- Careers Service facilities and events
We aim to answer 95% of questions within four working days. Most are answered more quickly than this. A few take longer to deal with and not all questions can be effectively answered by email. We may suggest that you come in and see us or make an online appointment.
Please note that you cannot use Ask a Question to make an appointment or have a CV checked.
The careers toolkit provides a range of interactive resources to support your career development and your job search.
- Career assessment tools and tasks to help you decide what you want to do
- Help for preparing your CV and writing your cover letter
- CV360 for instant feedback on your CV
- Practice psychometric tests
- Interview simulator
If you are a graduate, please email email@example.com for a personal link to create a graduate account.