Out of Hours & Emergencies
Out of Hours
If you become ill at night or over the weekend, telephone NHS 24 on 111 for advice and access to out of hours medical services. In real emergencies, you can go straight to the Accident and Emergency department of your nearest hospital or dial 999 for assistance.
The University Security staff are qualified to provide first aid on campus 24 hours a day and can be contacted on 0141 548 2222 or dial 2222 from any internal phone.
Useful Contact Details
If it is an emergency situation, the following Emergency Services are available:
- Campus Security via calling 0141 548 2222.
- Emergency Services via calling 999.
- Accident & Emergency Service nearest to the University is the Glasgow Royal Infirmary in Castle Street, Glasgow G4.
- NHS 24 on 111 for Health Information and Self Care Advice.
If you need to talk to someone, below are a list of supports that are available:
- Samaritans Glasgow 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
- Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87 (All weekend and Monday to Friday 6pm - 2am)
- Nightline 0141 552 2555 (for students and staffed by local student volunteers) someone to talk to and will often be able to help with general information questions. 7pm to 7am, Monday to Friday during term time.
- It may also be helpful for you to talk to a friend or family member.
Back to General Health Support