Search the academic regulations pages
What are Academic Regulations?
Every year, the University publishes Academic Regulations, which are split into two sections:
- overarching general regulations (covering aspects such as admissions, maximum duration of study, recognition of prior learning, attendance, progression, withdrawal from studies, etc.)
- programme-specific regulations (covering more specific details such as modules offered and how many credits they are worth, programme accreditation details (if applicable), requirements for degree specialisation, etc.).
How do I find specific regulations?
Overarching general regulations for both undergraduate and postgraduate awards, can be downloaded via the links below:
- General Regulations for Undergraduate & Integrated Masters Awards (Integrated Masters, Degree Apprenticeships, Graduate Diplomas, etc)
- General Regulations for Graduate and Postgraduate Awards (Master of Science/Letters/Laws, etc)
- General Regulations: Postgraduate Research Degree Regulations (PhDs/Doctorates, research degree programmes, etc)
To view individual programme regulations, click on the Faculty below, within which your programme sits, and then select the relevant Department/School. Programme regulations are then listed by the level of study (i.e. Undergraduate, Postgraduate Taught (PGT), and Postgraduate Research (PGR)).
Alternatively, programme regulations can be searched for by entering keywords into the search bar at the top of this page (e.g. “biomedical” will direct you to programme regulations published by the Department of Biomedical Engineering or by the Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences).
Where can I find regulations for previous years?
Programme and overarching general regulations are archived via the relevant Department/School page, which sit under the Faculty links below. The archived regulations can be found on the right-hand side of the Department/School landing page.
Prior to the 2020/21 academic year, programme regulations were contained within the overarching general regulations, which can be searched by entering the relevant programme name in the relevant PDF once downloaded. If you have any difficulty in sourcing the relevant archived information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are Constitutional Regulations?
You may find reference on the University’s web pages to Constitutional Regulations. Constitutional Regulations refer to how the University is structured and governed by various key committees and members of staff.