We may have had to make changes to the services detailed on this page due to COVID–19 restrictions.
Please see our Coronavirus information page for the latest updates.
If you would like to study with friends or in a group, you should go to a green group study zone.
Level 2 is our main group study floor. Facilities on this floor include:
- A free water dispenser
- Vending machines for drinks and snacks
- eduroam Wi-Fi access
- Printing, scanning and copying facilities
- Group desks and seating, some with power sockets for laptops and mobile devices
- Four bookable group discussion rooms (Level 2)
- The Library Shop, including binding services
Book a group discussion room
If you would like to study in a group of up to 7 people, you can book a group discussion room online up to two weeks in advance.
- four bookable group discussion rooms on Level 3
- five small group rooms on Level 4, and
- five small group rooms on Level 5.
Other group study zones
There are group study zones on other floors. These are:
- The enclosed group study zone on Level 4.
- The enclosed group study zone on Level 5.
Students from the School of Education may want to use the Education Resources Centre on Level 5.
Group study zone rules
When you're working in the group zones, please:
- drink only from containers with lids, such as bottles, flasks and coffee cups with lids
- eat only cold food such as sandwiches, sweets and small snacks
- keep your mobile phone on silent mode and use it with consideration for those around you
You may also want to read our study zone regulations.