Configuration assistant tool (CAT)
If your device does not find the eduroam network on its own you can use our Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT). The CAT website automatically detects the operating system you are using and gives you a link to download the appropriate configuration tool. Use the 'all platforms' link to find configurators for alternative operating systems.
Strathclyde staff and students
- Once you've completed the set-up, choose eduroam from your device's list of available networks
- Your eduroam username is your DS username followed by @strath.ac.uk. For example, email@example.com
- Your password is your DS password - the one you use to log in to University computers, Myplace, and PEGASUS.
You must type this information correctly or you will not be able to connect to eduroam.
- Visitors from other institutions should use the username and password supplied by their home institution to connect to eduroam at Strathclyde.
- If you do not have an eduroam username and password you can connect to the WiFi Guest network, instead.
Using eduroam at other institutions
If you're planning to use your mobile device at other institutions with eduroam Wi-Fi, you should use the configuration tool to make sure your settings are correct.
If you have any difficulties connecting to eduroam at another institution you must for help.
You can find details of participating institutions on the eduroam website.
If you aren't able to log in to eduroam you can use our 'WifiGuest' network. This network uses the same infrastructure and authentication system as '_The Cloud' network found in public places across the UK.
eduroam is the recommended network for staff and students.
Wi-Fi access for visitors
How to get online:
- Select 'WiFiGuest' from the list of available networks on your laptop or mobile device
- Launch your preferred browser and click 'Get Online'
- Select the 'Free Wi-Fi Cloud' option
- WiFiGuest uses the public access Wi-Fi network known as _The Cloud. If you've used _The Cloud elsewhere before you can use the same user details to log in. If not, select 'Create Account' and enter all mandatory information requested
- Select 'Continue' to connect to WiFiGuest
_The Cloud is owned by Sky. Visit the Sky website if you need technical support or want to remove your details from their database.