We may have had to make changes to the services detailed on this page due to COVID–19 restrictions.
Please see our Coronavirus information page for the latest updates.
Short Loan Collection
The Short Loan Collection is on Level 3 of the Library.
The books and items that make up the Short Loan Collection have been chosen by teaching staff. They are normally specified on class reading lists and are in high demand. You may borrow items from the Short Loan collection for 1 day.
Short Loan items are due back by closing time one the day after you borrowed them.
The return time is only different if:
- You borrow a book on Friday. If you borrow a book on Friday you can keep it over the weekend until closing time on Monday, or:
- Someone else has reserved the book you’ve borrowed. If this happens, we may ask you to bring the book back sooner. Always check the date and time the book is due back, either on the self service kiosk or on the book receipt.
Choose the item(s) you would like to borrow and take them to a self kiosk for issue. You may borrow up to 3 Short Loan items at any one time.
Return the book using a Short Loan kiosk before the due time or we will fine you.
Short Loan fines are 50p per item per hour or part of an hour up to a maximum of £10. Fines are charged for all overdue hours whether the building is open or closed. Avoid fines by bringing your books back on time.
Finding Short Loan items
We will accept reservations at any time. A member of staff will place the booking on your behalf and agree a pick-up time with you.
- You can have a maximum of 3 active reservations at one time
- You can only place reservations on items that are currently on loan to another borrower
- You cannot reserve an item which you currently have on loan
- You must place reservations in person
- We will hold reserved Short Loan items for 1 hour. If you do not collect the item in this time we will return it to the Short Loan shelves for others to use