If a student wishes to withdraw from a course of study after discussion with their Counsellor or a member of staff in the department, the student must write to the University formally to notify them of their decision. It will be helpful if the letter is addressed to Student Business. Students should also notify their Local Education Authority or sponsor of their withdrawal and the Student Loans Company if they have taken out a loan.