Travel Health

Travelling Abroad

Many employees and students travel abroad on University business and may need immunisations against infectious diseases and anti-malarial medication. As these immunisations are needed for work purposes most employees and students will need to contact their GP or access a Travel Clinic to obtain the relevant immunisations.

Employees and students will also need to obtain up to date travel advice for their health, safety and wellbeing prior to travelling on University business and adhere to health and safety requirements by the completion of a travel risk assessment. It is vital that employees and students know the health risks that they will be facing and the accessibility to reliable healthcare facilities.



Covid 19 

Please see University information on Coronavirus for current information.


Important information  for travellers Regarding Medication

Travellers who need to carry medication should be aware that their medication’s legal status in other countries may be different from in the UK. Legal requirements for carrying personal medicines across international borders are highly variable and often not consistently enforced. This applies to over-the-counter medication as well as prescription drugs.


Contact Details

Occupational Health Service
University of Strathclyde
Level 2, Livingstone Tower
26 Richmond Street, Glasgow, G1 1XH
Telephone: 0141 548 4824