Instron testing suite
- Two 8800 servo-hydraulic systems, dynamic loading capacity of ±250kN
- Electropuls E3000, dynamic loading capacity of ±3kN
- Electromechanical 5969, loading capacity up to 50kN
- Measured properties include tension, compression, axial fatigue, 3- or 4-point bending, shear, creep, galling and fracture toughness (SENT or SENB)
- Testing between -150°C and 1000°C
- Video extensometer for contactless measurements
- Fatigue can be carried out also in bespoke environment (e.g. saline solution).
- The Qness 60A+ measures hardness with three supported test methods: Vickers, Knoop and Brinell hardness
- Automatic feature for hardness mapping
- Load capability between 0.25g-60kg
- Many applications such as tooth flank testing, identical sample tests and microscopy and weld sample testing and analysis.
Rotary bending fatigue
- Three R.R. Moore rigs for rotary bending fatigue
- Number of cycles to failure up to 100 million
- Frequency up to 100Hz
- Furnaces available for applications up to 1000°C
- Tests can be carried out in bespoke environments (e.g. saline solution).
- Tinius Olsen IT503 bench system with either Charpy or Izod configuration and 25J capacity
- Losenhausenwerk system with over 290J capacity
- Both systems fully comply with the specifications outlined in ASTM E23, BS EN ISO 148-3, BS EN ISO 148-2 and ISO 442
- Testing can be completed at sub-ambient and elevated temperatures.