Research Digital Health & Wellness Research Group (DHaWG)
Developing person-centered accessible digital health and care solutions that make a difference
We design, develop, implement and evaluate real-world digital health and care solutions.
We are a world-leading digital health and wellness research group.
We are driven by user-centred design and work in close partnership with key stakeholders (citizens, patients, NHS, social care, industry, government) to create smart and connected digital health and care technologies that have a positive impact on individuals, communities, and organisations at scale.
Our key strengths
- we take a ‘whole system’ approach to health and wellbeing (we look at how health, social care, and consumer data and systems work together)
- we are experts in creating and using a variety of co-design and co-production methods (e.g. workshops, ethnography, photo diaries, citizen science panels) to ensure digital solutions and services are usable, accessible and equitable
- we create and use robust and flexible approaches to real-world evaluations of digital health at scale in homes, hospitals and community settings so that our research and innovation have real-world impacts
- our expertise spans the technology readiness pathway from ideation to commercialisation with a focus on making a real-world impact
- we collaborate at a national and international level and have several projects with global reach
- we have funding from Horizon 2020/Europe, CSO, MRC, EPSRC, Innovate UK, ESRC, and AHRC.